SF Web Server Works, IIS Does Not

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:21

SF Web Server Works, IIS Does Not

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2013 00:00

Current Configuration: IIS 7.5; Sitefinity 5.4; Windows Server 2008 R2; SQL Server 2008 R2
My test page works great in the Sitefinity web server: localhost:12345/projectname/home but when I try to run it through IIS (and port 80), it does not and I get a 404 - localhost/projectname/home

I've gone through the steps of “Creating a project and installing a license”, “Creating and starting a project”, and “Running a project in IIS7.0 or IIS 7.5.”  I would imagine there's a configuration setting somewhere, but I'm stuck.

I would appreciate any help - thank you in advance.

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Steve,

If you are hosting the site on IIS and on port 80, you do need to use the localhost/projectname/home string to navigate to your page, unless you have set the site a virtual directory of the main website. The Project Manager's server uses the project name and a random port for your site every time it is started, but IIS uses a static port, which you assign to the website and also a static domain, for example localhost. So if we assume that your project is set on IIS as a standalone site on port 80, it should be accessible by entering in your local browser:

http://localhost/home

The following article can also be useful to you:

www.sitefinity.com/.../installing_sitefinity_4_on_iis_7

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed