Seperate Application deployment

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:37

Seperate Application deployment

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi there,

I'm trying to re-deploy my application to another one -- I have two development streams and would currently like to keep them seperate. So what I did was create a different IIS application, copied over all my source code, and configured to point to a different database. For the database, I backed up the original, and restored it under a different name -- ran into the issue that others had previously for db deployment (project name in the config file, and the app_name stored in the database). Made the necessary changes, and the site rendered as expected. However, when trying to log into the backend (/sitefinity) section -- the following exception is thrown (loggin in as 'admin')... I have no idea what to do... Help please?!

Server Error in '/' Application.

Row for OID GenericOID@18540022 UserProfile id=242c46c0-982b-485f-8bae-7bccd171cc73 NOTRES  is not in the hierarchy starting at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.UserProfile ('sf_user_profile') (voa_class for row is 450185302) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.DataStoreException: Row for OID GenericOID@18540022 UserProfile id=242c46c0-982b-485f-8bae-7bccd171cc73 NOTRES  is not in the hierarchy starting at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.UserProfile ('sf_user_profile') (voa_class for row is 450185302)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace:

[DataStoreException: Row for OID GenericOID@18540022 UserProfile id=242c46c0-982b-485f-8bae-7bccd171cc73 NOTRES is not in the hierarchy starting at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.UserProfile ('sf_user_profile') (voa_class for row is 450185302)]
DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessProfileProvider_b8b4d0041f714790887009a44001d1bf.GetUserProfile(Guid userId, String profileTypeName) +317
Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserProfileManager.GetUserProfile(Guid userId, String profileTypeName) +79
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.RouteHelper.ApplyThreadCulturesForUser(Guid userId, Boolean isBackendRequest) +271
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.RouteHelper.ApplyThreadCulturesForCurrentUser() +136
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityRoute.ProcessLanguage(String virtualPath) +31
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityRoute.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +381
System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +287
System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +60
System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.OnApplicationPostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) +86
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2013 00:00

Hi Rico,

The error you are getting is quite strange, having in mind the way it appeared. Can you let me know whether you have tried restarting the webserver, on which the site is hosted? Additionally can you tell me a bit more about your environment and elaborate a bit more on:

I'm trying to re-deploy my application to another one -- I have two development streams and would currently like to keep them seperate.

Do you mean that you have deployed the site on the same server, as a standalone site or as another application which has a parent site? Also, when deploying a site as a new app, what you need to make sure is to handle any routing / custom configurations ( URLs ) and also configure the connection string to point to the new database. Can you provide screenshots of how the bindings and the application pool was set?

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed