Assembly Problem After Upgrated Project

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:05

Assembly Problem After Upgrated Project

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2013 00:00

Hi,

I have upgrated Sitefinity 5.4 to 6.0 today. But now my custom widgets are returns me the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=5.4.4020.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I have rebuild my solution but nothing's changed. Can anyone help me?

Hi Cem,

If you have referenced other projects or components, be sure that they are also compiled against this new version.

Sometimes when using custom made widgets in your project or when you reference UserControls, the version and assembly numbers are also placed inside your code. In this case you should do a find and replace inside your whole project. Search for the 5.4 string and replace it with the 6.0 version string.

Let me know if this help you?

Kind regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Now I got bigger problem. My project cannot open. I just rebuild my solution, I didn't change anything. 

Server Error in '/TBF' Application.

HTTP Error 400 - Bad Request.

Version Information: Telerik Web Server 6.0.4100.0

Hi Cem,

Could you let me know what you changed?

Kind regards,
Daniel

I didn't change anything. I've rebuild my solution.

Hi Cem,

Hard to say without more information. Try to restart your website, check to see if any references are missing.

Kind regards,
Daniel

I had the same error right after the upgrade. In my case it helped to Rebuild in Visual Studio, not just Build. If you have several Projects in your Solution it may help to choose Rebuild for each Project separately, instead of the whole Solution at once. The order depends on how Projects may depend on each other.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2013 00:00

Hello Cem,

There should be an error log file. Can you please attach it to this thread? 

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2013 00:00

That's always much of problems each time upgrade my project, I meet the same issue
So, to resolve it, after upgrade your project, let create new project  and then copy all dll files from new project and replace them in your project. Hope it work

This thread is closed