Error deleting Catogiries

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:36

Error deleting Catogiries

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2013 00:00

I cannot remove (or edit/move) some categories (and sub-categories) from my site.

I get this error when I try:

(see screenshot)

Please advise.

thanks
Dan

- I've now solved this issue! thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2013 00:00

Hi Dan,

This is a caching problem.
Can you check when you reproduce the error to clear the cache (if yo can recycle the application pool that will clear all cache) and log with the same user again. By logging the different user the current cache is invalidated and the update of the database is reflected in the backend UI.

Another way is to make an update to the sf_taxonomies_table (any update to the table will be sufficient)
using the taxonomies API to query some data change something in the taxonomies table and call .SaveChanges(); to commit new transaction to this table. In the code below I add new tag to a blog post which will update the taxonomies table and the error will be gone.

var taxManager = TaxonomyManager.GetManager();

var taxon = taxManager.GetTaxa<FlatTaxon>().Where(t => t.Name == "Book").Single();

BlogsManager blogsManager = BlogsManager.GetManager();

var myPost = blogsManager.GetBlogPosts().Where(d => d.Title == "Post1");
           foreach(var doc in myPost)

doc.Organizer.AddTaxa("Tags", taxon.Id);

blogsManager.SaveChanges();

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed