HELP! Re-Write rule

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:26

HELP! Re-Write rule

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2013 00:00

Hi,
I have been looking around to get some help, basically it seems simple but...

We have installed Sitefinity under a folder called "Web" and now we are thinking to migrate it to live there is issue because URL looks like: localhost:15164/.../About and if we reference images simply using relative path like /images/arrow.png it won't work. Also in live Web will be visible on address & indexed.

We want a re-write rule where every page should start from root level.

a- Current URLs: (localhost:15164/.../About) or  (localhost:15164/.../)

b- We want all the URLs to be without (Web): (http://localhost:15164/About) or  (localhost:15164/.../)

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2013 00:00

Hello,

Do you run your site through the Sitefinity Project Manger? If so this is the reason you have this URLs: http://localhost:port/ProjectName/page

When you migrate it to live you will configure IIS to show the URLs you want.

Greetings,
Nadezhda Petrova
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks very much Nadezhda, yes this is correct.

How do I run Current project without Sitefinity project manager locally? please point me to relevant resource section, many thanks.

Kind regards

Hi,

You can create a web site in IIS.
Set:

• Site name: MySitefinityProject
  • Application pool: select DefaultAppPool
  • Physical path: the path where your Sitefinity project is located
  • Port: some port

For more information about configuring IIS to host Sitefinity projects, please refer to this article from our online documentation.

Then you can browse the site from IIS Manager: in the Actions pane click Browse.

Greetings,
Nadezhda Petrova
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I have tried to bypassing Sitefinity Project Manager but when access from IIS, I get (CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master') error, my point is why it is trying to create DB while we are just trying to access it through IIS.

Thanks very much, will follow the article. 

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2013 00:00

Hello,

Basically, this error indicates that your user instance do not have permissions to alter/create database in SQL. You can find more information in this forum thread:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/developing-with-sitefinity-/create-database-permission-denied-in-database-master

If the problem still persist would it be possible for you to:

1. Verify that the Application Pool Identity is NetworkService.
2. Check the Authentication section of your website in IIS. Verify that only Anonymous authentication is enabled and the anonymous user identity is the application pool identity.
3. Assign proper permissions over the App_Data folder for the NetworkService account

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

This thread is closed