Events (All day) issue bug

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:13

Events (All day) issue bug

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2013 00:00

When one selects the "All day" checkbox, the event does not show up on the website. I am using
  <sf:FieldListView ID="EventsDates" runat="server" /> I am assuming this is because the end date field is empty.
In the documentation it states
"If you want the event to be an all-day event, schedule only its starting date and select the All day checkbox"

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2013 00:00

Hello Nana,

Thank you for contacting us.

Even when you have a one day all day event, you still need to select end date as the current date. That way the event will correctly be marked as all day only on the specified day. We will update the documentation to reflect this.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2013 00:00

Thank you for the response.

I do not understand the purpose of the all day event checkbox then

if its a one day event May 31st  - May 31st and I enter May 31  in start date field and May 31 in end date field, on the web, it will be displayed as  31 - 31 May 2013. Shouldnt  it be displayed as  31 May 2013 automatically if all day event is checked?
Also does checking the all day event checkbox means the event will be automatically removed from the website?

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2013 00:00

Hello Nana,

I agree that if the event is all day and the start date and end date are the same, only one date should be displayed. I have logged a feature request, you can vote here: PITS

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2015 00:00

Came across these posts searching for an answer to the same question, looks like it has been over 2 years with nothing done, except now you cannot select the same start and end date for an all day event. 

This thread is closed