404 page appears when I try and create a new page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:56

404 page appears when I try and create a new page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2013 00:00

When I attempted to create
the new page that the individual news items will display in (~/about-bridgewater-bank/ latest-news), rather than
getting the new page edit screen, the 404 error page shows up. Is there anybody having this issue before? The web site is hosted in Amazon cloud. I tested in my local and it is working. It happens in production environment.

Thanks a lot!

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2013 00:00

Hi,

The scenarios that can cause a page to throw 404 upon editing are numerous and I might not be correct in pinpointing the exact cause and I help the scenario I describe here will help in terms of checking if the problem is coming from the page url.
If upon editing the page the url is different from what it should be when editing a page, site.com/mypage/action/edit . The url construction is incorrect.

This can be caused by the parent pages of this page. Most probably the page is located under another page or a set of pages. To make sure if the parent page(s) cause the problem temporary move the problematic page to be first level page (not under a parent page) and see if its editable now. If its editable then one of its parent pages have an additional url (select Actions->Title and Properties for particular page to see additional urls) and test removing additional urls.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed