6.0.4200 possibility to choose different layout widgets

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:07

6.0.4200 possibility to choose different layout widgets

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2013 00:00

Good day

It seems like on some other places there is not yet a way to choose from different wigets. One can only change an existing one. 
 a) maybe you want to have different ones
 b) don't know if they might get overwritten

It would be nice if we in 6.3 were able to choose our own design wigets for all controls.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

I am not sure if I am understanding you correctly, but you can create your own layout widgets and register them just like the content widgets - Documentation

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2013 00:00

Sorry Pavel

Wrong terminolgy from my side.

I am talking about the option to create a layout and then choose one of the templates you created  - like you can in blogs and many other places.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thank you for the clarification. Can you specify which widgets do you like them to have the ability to use more than 1 template? From the top of my head those are the Categories, Tags, Archive, Search widgets which display links and we have not considered to add option to choose from different templates. Moreover those widgets can be set in different modes (Tags widget - Cloud, Vertical, Horizontal etc.) which changes the rendering of them respectively. 

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2013 00:00

Dear Pavel

Well the most importent to me would be the download-list. Since you might want to display different stuff on different pages. Sometimes an author might be important other times it might not be the case.

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/suggestions---/download-widget-template-improvements

Then image gallery of course.

Marku

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Aside from the already existing PITS feature request (linked in the provided forum thread) for the download list widget, there is also another PITS issue for the gallery type widgets - see link.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

This thread is closed