Schedule publishing of pages and content items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:01

Schedule publishing of pages and content items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2013 00:00

All,

Is there a known issue with scheduling pages and content items in SF 5.4+? I'm running a SF Small Business instance and if I schedule a page or content item, just nothing happens. It says the page has been scheduled, but it still shows up in the menu. Same for Content Items.

This happens in in 5.4 as 6.0 SP1.

-Daniel-

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Daniel,

I would suggest that you are trying to schedule a content item or page that is already published. In this scenario the desired content will be marked as scheduled but it will appear, because it is already published. In this case you have to unpublish the content first and then you can schedule it without any problems.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2015 00:00

Hi Kaloyan,

Could you please then recommend the best way to schedule an update to an existing page? For example, an existing page will have new content added to it, but that content should only show up after a certain date.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2015 00:00

Hello Thor,

This thread is quite old and the initial question was related to Sitefinity 5.4. What you can do is to schedule for publishing the desired content item and then when it is published it will appear on the page where the widget is dropped.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed