Images, Videos, Documents missing after upgrade

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:33

Images, Videos, Documents missing after upgrade

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2013 00:00

Hello

I upgraded my site from 5.2.3800.0 to 6.0.4200.0 and after that i noticed that Images, Videos and Document are missing from Content. I used the steps from www.sitefinity.com/.../upgrading-your-sitefinity-5.4-project-to-the-latest-version

I also tried the solution provided here but no luck. 

To notice that after upgrade App_Data - Sitefinity - Configuration - still show the old version (5.2.3800.0).

I made the same upgarde twice (the second time on the unupgraded version), the same thing happening, what might cause this strange behaviour?

I attached a picture to show this.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello,

If you have upgraded your project following the path:  5.2 » 5.4 » 6.0
and Sitefinity upgrade documentation:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/upgrade

Then the problem is in the upgrade process. We would suggest you to upgrade your project again. Please note that after an upgrade to Sitefinity 5.4 you need to run the project (this way the upgrade scripts will be executed). Then perform an upgrade to 6.0.

The other option that you have if you do not want to upgrade your project is to:
1. Open your project in Visual Studio
2. Go to App_Data -> Sitefinity -> Configurations.
3. Open SystemConfig.config file .
4. Change the build from: build="4200" to build="3800"
5. Remove the version (marked part) of the Libraries module:

<add version="6.4.4200.0" name="Libraries" />

Then the line should look like this:

<add name="Libraries" />

Without a version Sitefinity will attempt to reinstall the modules. Then restart the application by making a dummy change in your web.config file and run your project again.

6. Save the file.
7. Go to web.config file, make a dummy change and save the file.
8. Run the project.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed