Email Campaign cannot see after delete the form.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:42

Email Campaign cannot see after delete the form.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2013 00:00

I'm using ver 6 locally.
I created form -> create mailing list.  Connect the data to the form I created. After tested them I deleted my form and went back to email campaign. But there is an error and no longer showing email campaign. What should I do?
Error message is as below.

You are trying to access item that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during
the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace
for more information about the error and where it originated in the
code.

Exception Details: Telerik.Sitefinity.SitefinityExceptions.ItemNotFoundException:
You are trying to access item that no longer exists. The most probable
reason is that it has been deleted by another user.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi BB,

I tried to reproduce the issue which you experience but I couldn't. Can you please give us more details where exactly you see the error. Some screen shots should help or if you can give us access to your site.

Regards,
Lilia Messechkova
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2013 00:00

This is what I did.
1. Create a form with Form module (ex. Test Form)
2. Create  Mailing lists (Email Campaign -> Mailing lists), ex. Test
3. Change Mailing list property
     Advanced -> Connect this list -> Add connection -> Connection source -> Sitefinity forms module -> Connect this list to: -> Select the form I created (Test Form) and Save
4. Go back to Form module and Delete the from in Form module (Test Form)
5. Go back to Email Campaign -> Shown the error as attached.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello BB,

I succeeded to reproduce the issue which you described. This is a bug which I have logged. It will be fixed for the next version of Sitefinity 6.1. For the time being I can suggest a work around.

Please delete your mailing list using the following method:

public void DeleteMailingList(Guid id)

NewslettersManager manager = NewslettersManager.GetManager();

if (manager.GetMailingLists().Where(ml => ml.Id == id).Count() > 0)

manager.DeleteMailingList(id);

manager.SaveChanges();

The id of your mailing list you can find in sf_lst table in the database.

Once you delete your mailing list, you will be able to enter the Email Campaigns screen and modify your campaign to use another list.

Please let me know if you have any  questions and apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Lilia Messechkova
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed