Can't edit or add anything in page edit mode -- Everythi

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:29

Can't edit or add anything in page edit mode -- Everything is disabled.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2013 00:00

This has happened on a few pages. I'm pretty sure it has to do with some javascript conflicts. I have a module I created in module builder. I place the module and choose the custom template I've created. Then I publish. I go back in to edit the page and all editing related interface items are disabled --The text 'edit' and more is no longer next to the pencil icon or down arrow and clicking on them does nothing. I can't drag out new widgets. I can't event 'go back to pages'. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Richard,

Thank you for using our support service.
Can you please give us access to your site so we can try to trace the java script conflict.

Regards,
Lilia Messechkova
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2013 00:00

Hey Lilia the current problem is on a Development server that isn't connected to the internet so I'm not sure how you'd like me to give you access to our site.  Also if it were connected how would I send you access? Certainly not in forum post...? Do I call and give it to someone? or what? Thanks. We have sent you our development sites by FTP if that would work. Let me know. Thanks! 

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Richard,

I have setup an FTP so that you can upload your project. Please find the details below:

------------------------------------------
Set FTP in Active Mode!
IP address: 82.103.64.22
Username: daviscountyutah
Password: Ci$nEKj[h13
------------------------------------------
Please keep in mind that the user account will expire in 15 days and all the files in the client folder will be deleted in 15 days

Regards,
Lilia Messechkova
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello, 

I'm having same problem when trying to edit some pages...

On browser console I can see some erros:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'addMethod' of undefined

Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ScriptManager1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_CombinedScripts…:18316 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'addMethod' of undefinedTelerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ClientBinder.initialize @ Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ScriptManager1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_CombinedScripts…:18316Type.callBaseMethod @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:731Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.RadGridBinder.initialize @ Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ScriptManager1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_CombinedScripts…:19099Sys.Component.endUpdate @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:2114Sys.Component._register @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:2160Sys.Component.create @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:2152(anonymous function) @ Edit:5379Sys.EventHandlerList.getHandler @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:2044Sys.Observer.raiseEvent @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:1153Sys.Application._raiseInit @ ScriptResource.axd?d=EgRjrI8rllPwg3BBI7oHYhJyKudvqj3o0YlQ1kVF_Gw4aWCHu0bIqNgUx_49fAyAc_WLNAlff-nH0H…:1Sys._Application._doInitialize @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:2595(anonymous function) @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:2501(anonymous function) @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:31v @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:17fb @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:15V @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:30ib @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:113c @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:128d @ ScriptResource.axd?d=8rC3btRPY1pZgnEtkcD_sjYcg8vhfYCcQ4u3fguIZz-laEGXfmVoK_H6FkLXQBNPeziWnqmoHhgxtR…:105

What was the solution?

Allready tried to replace RadScriptManager in master.page

to:

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>
        <sf:ResourceLinks id="resourcesLinks" runat="server">
<sf:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="JQuery" />
</sf:ResourceLinks>​

And it still doen't work....

Thanks

I just solved this doing everithing I have already done before plus:

removing: <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/widgets/banners/rotator/js/jquery.js"></script>

from a user control that I have....

Thanks any way....

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2016 00:00

Duarte, how did you reference your jquery script afterwards because I also have the same problem which only occurs when I reference the jquery script which is required.

This thread is closed