Sitefinity 5.4 Shared Content Object error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:20

Sitefinity 5.4 Shared Content Object error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi,

Please view the attached image. I am getting a strange error any time I attempt to access shared content from a content block inside a page. Any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Rob,

Please inspect you database for any orphaned content item records in the sf_content_items table. We have had previous cases where a missing master version of an item might cause this issue. If you find any such records you can remove them through the API.  

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2014 00:00

I am also getting this error. How do you check for orphaned content items records? What constitutes an orphan in the sf_content_items table? A sample Sql statement would be much appreciated? How do you remove them through the API?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2014 00:00

Hello Tom,

By orphaned items I refer to items that have only Live version in the database for example. Check out the sf_content_items table in your database and you will see there are 2 versions of each item you have created. One is the Master and the other is the Live version of this item. The error is present when the Master version of some item is not present in the database.

In order to delete the orphaned item with our API please refer to this Documentation article:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/delete-a-content-block-with-the-native-api

It your specific case you need to pass the ID of the orphaned item in order to retrieve it and then delete it. You can get it from the database.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2014 00:00

I did not have any orphans. Thanks anyway.

This thread is closed