Responsive layout hiding nested columns

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:40

Responsive layout hiding nested columns

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2013 00:00

I have a 2 columns layout (master) and I choose to hide the second column.

If I put another 2 column layout (child) in the first column of the master layout, the second column of the child layout is hidden as well.

I think this could be fixed very easily if the generated CSS for layout_transformations.css had child selectors so instead of this:

.sf_tablets_2cols_hide_2 .sf_2cols_2_50,
.sf_tablets_2cols_hide_2 .sf_2cols_2_67,
.sf_tablets_2cols_hide_2 .sf_2cols_2_75 display: none

It would be like this

.sf_tablets_2cols_hide_2  > .sf_2cols_2_50,
.sf_tablets_2cols_hide_2  > .sf_2cols_2_67,
.sf_tablets_2cols_hide_2  > .sf_2cols_2_75 display: none

That would solve my problem and give a lot more versatility to the responsive feature, but I don't know how I can tweak it myself.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2013 00:00

Hello Antonio,

Thank you for your feedback!

I will forward this to our designers and front-end developers. Meanwhile, to workaround this problem you can load a css with the Responsive design rule ("Specific CSS file for transforming layout and design
" section) and in the css file you can set the explicit css you mentioned. First, set display: block to all layout divs and then apply your css. This will override the default Responsive design css:

f_tttt_2cols_hide_1 .sf_2cols_1_25, .sf_tttt_2cols_hide_1 .sf_2cols_1_33, .sf_tttt_2cols_hide_1 .sf_2cols_1_50, .sf_tttt_2cols_hide_1 .sf_2cols_1_67, .sf_tttt_2cols_hide_1 .sf_2cols_1_75, .sf_tttt_2cols_hide_2 .sf_2cols_2_25, .sf_tttt_2cols_hide_2 .sf_2cols_2_33, .sf_tttt_2cols_hide_2 .sf_2cols_2_50, .sf_tttt_2cols_hide_2 .sf_2cols_2_67, .sf_tttt_2cols_hide_2 .sf_2cols_2_75
    display:block;

.sf_tttt_2cols_hide_2  > .sf_2cols_2_50,
.sf_tttt_2cols_hide_2 > .sf_2cols_2_67,
.sf_tttt_2cols_hide_2  > .sf_2cols_2_75 ,
.sf_tttt_2cols_hide_2  > .sf_2cols_2_67

display:none;

Regards,
Jen Peleva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2013 00:00

+1 raindogmx

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2013 00:00

It would also be nice to remove the !important that is put into some of these rules.  I tend to use a mix of the module and some custom media queries and find I have to use !important to override some of the built in rules for width way more than I would like.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2013 00:00

Hello Stacey,

I have logged a feature request on your requirement. You can vote for it, following the PITS link:

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/15370

Regards,
Jen Peleva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed