"{{title}}" displaying with categories on blog pos

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:06

"{{title}}" displaying with categories on blog postings

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2013 00:00

I'm using the HierarchicalTaxonField control to display categories on blog postings, but it is adding "title" at the end of the list of categories. Anyone run into this before?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2013 00:00

Hello Elizabeth,

Would it be possible to share some screenshots to get a better picture of a problem or additional information what you aim to achieve by adding title.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Oct-2013 00:00

It's happening on another site. This is a blog posting list where I'm trying to display the posting category. It has one category selected but is displaying title after it.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Elizabeth,

I was not able to find clients with similar problems. You can try to reproduce this behaviour on a blank project. If this problem cannot be reproduced on a new project I would suggest to open a support ticket and provide us with backend credentials and we will inspect it directly on your website.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2013 00:00

I have the same problem with a mailing list template when trying to add news items.  My template is below and the results when I preview look like the attached files.

<%@ Control Language="C#" %><br><%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %><br><%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Comments" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %><br><%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %><br><%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %><br><%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %><br><style><br>  hr display: block; height: 2px;<br>    border: 0; border-top: 2px solid #77CCDD;<br>    margin: 1em 0; padding: 0; <br>  <br>  .sfnewsCategory font-family: sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; background-image: none; <br>  padding-left: 0px;    <br>    list-style-type: none;<br>    background: transparent url(img/bullet.gif) no-repeat 9px 5px; list-style-position:inside <br>  <br>  .sfnewsTitle color: #224488 ; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 18pt; <br>  <br>  .sfnewsSummary font-family: sans-serif; <br>  <br>  .sfnewsLink font-family: sans-serif; <br>  <br>  ul  <br> padding-left:0;      padding-bottom: 0px;<br>    margin: 0;<br>    padding 0; <br><br>ul li   font-family: sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; background-image: none; <br>  padding-left: 0px;    <br>    padding-bottom: 0px;<br>    margin: 0;<br>    padding 0;<br>    list-style-type: none;<br>    background: transparent url(img/bullet.gif) no-repeat 9px 5px; list-style-position:inside  <br>  <br>  </style><br><telerik:RadListView ID="NewsList" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false"><br>    <LayoutTemplate><br>        <sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="MainBrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Add"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar><br>            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" /><br>    </LayoutTemplate><br>    <ItemTemplate><br><sitefinity:HierarchicalTaxonField ID="HierarchicalFieldControl" class="sfnewsCategory" runat="server" TaxonomyId="E5CD6D69-1543-427b-AD62-688A99F5E7D4" DisplayMode="Read" WebServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/HierarchicalTaxon.svc" Expanded="false" TaxonomyMetafieldName="Category" ExpandText="ClickToAddCategories" BindOnServer="true" /><br>      <br>      <sitefinity:TextField runat="server" class="sfnewsTitle" DisplayMode="Read" Value='<%# Eval("Title")%>' /><br><sitefinity:TextField runat="server" class="sfnewsSummary" DisplayMode="Read" Value='<%# Eval("Summary")%>' />          <br>      <a id="FullStory" class="sfnewsLink" href="#<%# Eval("Title")%>">Full Story</a><br>            <sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="BrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Edit,Delete,Unpublish"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar><br>            <hr ><br>    </ItemTemplate><br></telerik:RadListView><br><sf:Pager id="pager" runat="server"></sf:Pager><br><asp:PlaceHolder ID="socialOptionsContainer" runat="server" />

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Shelly,

I have some difficulties to parse your template on my test project. Because I am not able to reproduce this problem locally I would suggest to open a support ticket and provide us with backend credentials and we will inspect the problem directly on your website.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2013 00:00

Support has confirmed this as a bug. There is an open issue for anyone who would like to vote it up:

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/16280

This thread is closed