Grouping pages to allow header and footer navigation and URL

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:30

Grouping pages to allow header and footer navigation and URLs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2013 00:00

I'm laying out pages for a new site. I have (all at the root level) my set of pages, such as About, Services, Forums, etc. I want to add a navigation bar to the footer. Now, I  understand I can define a which node I want a navigation widget to start (e.g., show only pages under X), so I started to create a Group Page to organize all the footer pages into for use by the footer navigation widget. 

The problem is, all pages I create under this Group Page (I have it called "Footer") start with the url /footer/contact instead of just /contact. This would mean that every page - that should be at the root level - will not be under /footer/. 

How can I have these footer pages be at the root level, but grouped in some manner that I can use them within multiple navigation widgets? Using version 6.0. Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2013 00:00

Anyone? I can't believe I'm the only one with this issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi Ryan,

I've already responded in your ticket.

Regards,
Jen Peleva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2013 00:00

Could you please provide the solution or answer you had sent to Ryan?

It wasn't much of a solution honestly. I couldn't group pages in the manner that I wanted. Sounds simple, but couldnt be accomplished.

I ended up just manually picking pages for each navigation widget. It's not optimal, but it gets the job done.

It would be GREAT if there was some sort of virtual folder concept that wouldn't mess with the path URL of the pages.

Thanks for replying.
Really the page set as the homepage should just be the root.  That would solve my problem.

This thread is closed