Image URL same when giving the same title

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:45

Image URL same when giving the same title

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2013 00:00

First the good news.

The Sitefinity Desktop Application is now smart enought that when you give two images the same title to change the url of the second images so it wont be the same (seems to add Guid or part of it)

However if you give two images the same title in the web backend they will still get the same URL causing problems. 

It would be nice if this was fixed and would work as in the SDA (Sitefinity Desktop Application)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thank you for using Sitefinity Desktop Application and for the positive feedback.

The issue with Sitefinity URLs is known and has been logged. Unfortunately I am not able to give you approximate estimate as to when it would be fixed.

I will be glad to assist you further. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Vasya Stankova
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2013 00:00

Well any news on this matter. This is still the biggest problem for me with my clients.

When ever the rename (title) of an more then one image to the same text resulting in same urls the mess up the images.

Uploading is now smart enough
DAM is now smart enough

Any way we can expect to have finaly unique urls for images?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi,

Here is the PITS issue that was logged for this bug: PITS 13799

Probably it was not promoted before because it has no votes. Now that you brought it up, the issue has better chances for making it to the release.

Regards,
Boyko Karadzhov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2013 00:00

Dear Boyko

Thank's for giving me hope however hope it is.

That you can have mutliple items with the same ULR simply is a bug to me and I don't like to vote on bugs :-) 

Furthermore Votes on PITS mean nothing to me and I guess to many others.

Why. Recyle bin hast 75 votes - second most of all open - Opened in June 2011 (two years ago) - Not Scheduled.

Why would we wast time on PITS voting? Please don't take any offence. You are doing a great job and stuff like thumbnails a very great editions and a huges stop forward for end users.

However.

This problem about images was first reported in Oct 2011 

www.sitefinity.com/.../roadmap-questions---the-worst-bugs-and-most-looked-for-features-for-me-at-least

maybe even earlier did not search beyond 4.4.

So now that the DAM solution fixes it and uploading two images with same name fixes it I hope to get that fixed soon also.

This and the recycle bin are the two most importent issues where my clients really can mess up.

Thank's for considering it :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for your constant constructive feedback.

We agree with you the issue is definitely a bug and we raised its internal priority which will be taken into account when scheduling its fix.

In general PITS votes is one of the factors we consider while shaping our product roadmap, but as you can guess it is not the only one. Please kindly note that we are constantly including PITS items with high number of votes but we are not always able to address all of the requests.

Thank you for the understanding.

Regards,
Tihomir
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2013 00:00

Thiomir

Will this bug be fixed in 6.2.?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

For the time being the bug is not scheduled for a fix in 6.2 but our developers will try to fix it as soon as possible. Excuse me for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ivan Dimitrov
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2013 00:00

Dear Ivan

Thanks for the feedback. This is one last big bug for endusers. Sad that say that this bug (since 4.0) will be solved a.s.a.p which is ......

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

We have increased the bug's priority but unfortunately we cannot give an exact estimate as to when it will be fixed.

Regards,

Ivan D.Dimitrov
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2013 00:00

Dear Ivan

Thank's again. I have read so many time that this bug's priority has been increased that I think by end of december there will a image title department with a marketing campaing and a beta programm for it :-)

No seriously. Glad to hear that the bug is working its way up and eventually this will be solved. God things come to those who wait (or *** long enough)

Love Sitefinity and am looking forward very much to 6.2

As usuall I know Telerik will suprise us.

Greatings to the team

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,
Thank you for your nice words and for your constructive feedback.
I'll be sure to greet the team on your behalf.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

This thread is closed