Error while installing 6.1

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:01

Error while installing 6.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2013 00:00

I am getting an error during the installation of Sitefinity 6.1 "FormatException  The input in not a valid Base-64 string ans it contains a non-base 64 character, more than two padding characters, or an illegal character among the padding characters." at the point it says the current operation is "setting up demo website".  It appears to crash the install.  Anyone else having this problem?  I googled for it and got a bunch of results for that error message on unrelated things.  Running Windows 7 Ultimate  x64 SP1

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Robert,

We have received a several failed Sitefinity installation report. I sent you a reply and would like to ask were you able to install Sitefinity successfully? If you were not able to install it, would it be possible to try to download the project manager from your account, then try to create a new project and inform us for the result.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2013 00:00

I am getting the same error

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi guys,

@Kurren
Would it be possible to download the project manager from your account and try to create a new project? You can download the project manager following the next steps:

1. Log in to your Telerik account and in Products & Subscriptions click Trial Downloads;
2. Click the Download button in the Sitefinity Trials section;

Please follow the steps below and to download a license key:

1. Log in to your Telerik account and in Products & Subscriptions click Trial Downloads;
2. Click on Manage Domains and licenses in the Sitefinity Trials section;
3. In the "Trial Download Licenses" section click details;
4. Click on Show Available Keys;

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed