Newsletter subscribe unsubscribe subscribe name change

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:22

Newsletter subscribe unsubscribe subscribe name change

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2013 00:00

I created a newsletter and a mailing list and added a user with first and last name to it.

info@telerik.com first last

I unsubscribed with an campain link.

this resulted in the user no longer beeing linked to the mailing list but remaining in the subscriber list.

When I resubscribe with different first and last name it seems the names are not changes

a) by purpose that the subsriber remains or should it be removed if he has no longer any subcriptions to a mailing list
b) if it should not be removed shouldn't the name change be reflected. Getting Married. Spelling mistake.
c) is there any other way out of the box to unsubscribe other then a link in the newsletter 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello Marcus,

By default subcribers are linked to mailing lists not campaigns. Therefore it is natural for them to be excluded from the mailing list when they unsubscribe and still be kept in the subscriber one. So far there is no other out of the box way to unsubscrybe. And since your first and last name are not required for a successfull campaign (the fields are optional), the name change is not reflected.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2013 00:00

Dear Ivan

Very disapointed about the name change answer. Just because something is optional does not mean it has to be correct.

Lets say someone missspelld his last name. And hates getting the nice newsletter with his name spelled wrong. Well he thinks just undsubscribe and subscribe will to the trick. 

Wrong he will keep getting the newsletter with the wrong name

You know dectriptions of pages are optional but guess what when I change them on the page the get saved ;-)

Also I still think it would be nice if out of the box you could choose to make the names mandatory, but then you would loose your point of argument that optionl thing dont need to be updated.

Sorry Ivan - not what I expected.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2013 00:00

@Ivan,

So if I was a marketeer, wanting to follow up with a customer on a mailing, I had to check everyone from the subscriber list (the ones that received it) to the mailinglist (still allowed to follow up on) and then check each individual names on the profile to make sure I don't go for the classic introduction blunder?

Wouldn't it also be useful that the mailinglist pulls in (or has an update button) to fetch profile data (first-/ lastname) ? Especially in a B2B environment where a subscriber may be an employee no longer tied to that email address it would avoid marketing blunders...

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2013 00:00

Dear Ivan

Another thing that will invalid your argument about the names beeing optional.

When you import supscribers and choose to overwrite existing email subscribers the names get changed as well.

Still hoping for 6.2 to have an easy way to make name first name mandatoriy and that changes will be reflected.

Markus

Hello again,

You have made a good point. I have registered this issue as a bug. You may vote for it here.

Thank you for your vigilance.

Regards,

Ivan Dimitrov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Ivan

And this will be the end of it :-(

Voted anyhow.

Markus

This thread is closed