6.1 forms button missing CSS class?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:39

6.1 forms button missing CSS class?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2013 00:00

If you add a newsletter the button gets a class sfnewsletterSubmitBt so you can easely style it.

It seems that if you add a from the buttons have no class.

I can give a class but would like also a default class so the enduser does not have to worry about giving it a class (rembember to do it, remember what class).

Furthermore when I add my own Class the class gets added to the DIV as well as the input button. Does that make sense. 

Markus

I think you need to brush up on your css :)  In your screenshot there are PLENTY of styling options

.sfFormSubmit input
   //All form Buttons

.sfFormSubmit
   //Just the wrapper of the button

.sfFormSubmit.sfSubmitBtnSmall input
   //Small version of the Button

.sfFormSubmit.MyButton input
   //Your custom form button

.sfFormSubmit input.MyButton
   //Another way to get to your version of the custom form button

.sfFormSubmit.sfSubmitBtnSmall.MyButton input
   //Only custom buttons that are small

//etc, etc....

Point is, nothing is broken, and 99.99% of the time you don't want a custom button class on a form...you want all forms to appear the same on a site.  Is it odd the class gets applied to both elements...YES! :)  ...game breaker...no

Dear Steve

Thanks well I went with this approach since the newletter does not seem to have the .sfFormSubmit class.

.sfFormSubmit input,
 .sfnewsletterSubmitBtnWrp input

padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;
    background-color: #343e6b;
    color: #fff;
    border: 0px;

I wished CSS would be the only thing I would have to brush up.  Doing everything myself but hosting (sitfinity, photoshop, illustrator, flash, jquery, css, html, c#, VS, Thunder, lighning, book keeping, hardware supporet, print media, parenting (5 children) at my age -> let me tell you I am a single core PC with about 2 GB Ram and a 500 MB hard disk. Every time I try to save something to my brain (hard disk) something else seem to be deleted overwritten)

This thread is closed