Sitefinity + MySQL : Ecommerce module problem

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:06

Sitefinity + MySQL : Ecommerce module problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello
We installed Sitefinity + Ecommerce module with a Mysql community edition 5.2.47CE.
After creating a new site, we tried to activate the module, and we got the following message :
SelectByBasketID :
SQL exception on '-- Index 'idx_sf_fldrs_rtId_pth' was not detected in the database. It will be created
ALTER TABLE `sf_folders` ADD INDEX `idx_sf_fldrs_rtId_pth`(`root_id`, `path`)' : Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes

Is this problem related to the InnoDB/MyISAM engine ?
We are very surprise that this kind of problem occurs on a brand new installation...

Olivier

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2015 00:00

We just had a similar problem when going to design a template. The failure then leaves us with no options for working with templates.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi Guys,

The behavior you are experiencing is due to a limitation posed on MySQL server. You can find more details on this here.

You can bypass this restriction by increasing the max key length.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi Guys,

I had the same error when I tried to create a new template. 

Thanks to Sabrie's answer, I fixed this by droping the sf_folders table (be sure the table is empty) and creating by setting the engine mode to InnoDB. I don't know if this solution is the best one.

So, you just need to run those requests in mysql console :

DROP TABLE sf_folders;
CREATE TABLE sf_folders (  
    id varchar(40) PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,  
    url_name_ varchar(255),
    title_ varchar(255),
    root_id varchar(40),
    path varchar(255),
    parent_id varchar(40),
    is_deleted integer,
    description_ varchar(255),
    cover_id varchar(40),