Modules & Services backend page missing

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:33

Modules & Services backend page missing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2013 00:00

I just recently noticed that one of my sites is missing the "Modules & Services" option to turn module on and off.  At first I thought maybe it had somehow been disabled in backend pages, but when I navigate their I immediately receive the dreaded "object reference not found" error.

Right now the live site is at 6.0 and I just ran the update on the development version and successfully got it to 6.1.4600.  I am guessing this issue happened several updates ago.

I have tried taking the Sitefinity folder from empty projects and overwriting the development site with it, but that did not do the trick.

Anyone know how to restore/install this missing backend page?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to try the following steps:
1. Open your project in Visual Studio
2. Go to App_Data -> Sitefinity -> Configurations -> SystemConfig.config
3. Change the build from: build="4600" (or the one that you are using) to build="3200"
4. Save the file
5. Build your project and make a dummy change in your web.config file and save it.
6. Run your project

I the problem still persist my suggestion is to open a support ticket and send us your configurations, a link to your web site and backend credentials to investigate the problem in more depth.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello Stefani,

I tried your suggestion, but was not able to fix the problem.  I have a ticket into support with a log file attached.

I will be sending this information in my ticket as well, but wanted to put a quick update here.

I did some more investigating and with the use of a very helpful script a user added to Google+ I was able to track down part of the problem...I think.

When trying to navigate to backend pages to see what might be going on I get "object reference not set to an instance of an object"  for Requested URL : localhost:52265/.../

Using that GUID with the script I was able to see that this all goes to the sf_page_node table and after some comparison with sites that are working I noticed the site where this is broke has a null value for content_id for the Modules & Services record.

After digging deeper I noticed that my table for sf_pages_data for this site is missing three columns compared to one that is working:

Invalid column name 'addtnl_rls_rdrct_t_default_one'.
Invalid column name 'allow_multiple_urls'.
Invalid column name 'multiple_navigation_nodes'.

Another oddity I noticed was that the sites this seems to work on have AllowMutlipleUrls = 0 on the sf_page_node table, but this site has a value of 1 and I see the missing columns seem to relate to this feature.

I will wait for support to review everything and hopefully there will be an easy way of ensuring all my tables are in fact synced up to the latest version of Sitefinity.  

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Stacey,

Thank you for opening a support ticket. You could share the solution with the community once the problem is resolved.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi,
was this fixed? What was the solution?
I just upgraded my website to sf 6.1.4300 and I am facing the same problem.
Thanks
Nidhi

Hi,

The problem that Stacey encountered has been fixed by the following steps:

1. Execute this API code which will remove the existing modules & services page:

PageManager manager = PageManager.GetManager();
var pages = manager.GetPageNode(new Guid("f669d9a7-009d-4d83-aaaa-000000000023"));
manager.DeleteItem(pages);
manager.SaveChanges();

2. Go to App_Data -> Sitefinity -> Configurations -> SystemConfig.config
3. Change the build number of the site from: build="4600" (or the one that you are using) to build="2500"
4. Save the file
5. Build your project and make a dummy change in your web.config file and save it.
6. Run your project
7. After the site starts go to SystemConfig.config and locate the requireMaintanence="True" and set it to False so the maintenance will not be required again and restart the application. After this the Modules and Services page must be available.

Test the behavior on your site and if the problem still persist please open a support ticket where you could send us your project files and a backup of your database.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

that worked. Thanks for the speedy response.
Much appreciated.
- Nidhi

This thread is closed