Profile Types

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:30

Profile Types

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello,

I'm currently having issues re-creating a custom profile type that I had previously (thought) to have deleted. When I try to create it, the following javascript window appears with a statement of:

"A profile type with the specified title already exists. Please, select a different title"

I have gone through and looked at the database tables, and no table (because when you create a custom profile type, a table in the database is created) exists. I've also confirmed that the configuration sections of the old profile type are gone as well.

Can you please point in the direction that sitefinity uses to check for existing profile types?? There is obviously a lookup happening at the database level... where can I remove/delete this existing record so that I can re-create the profile type.

Thank you!

UPDATE: I found two tables that reference the old title. I deleted these rows from the database, but the same error still displays. I have now ensured that all records in the database do not have this value as a value in any of the columns of any tables, as well as ensured the title does not exist in the config files too --- ideas???

I used the following SQL script to find any matches in the database on the profile type 'title' name
http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/c0c57332-8624-48c0-b4c3-5b31fe641c58

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Rico,

I have tried reproducing this on Sitefinity 6.1 SP1, but to no success - see video. Let me know if I am missing something here. 

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed