Duplicated ID - The ID 'C002' is already used by an

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:58

Duplicated ID - The ID 'C002' is already used by another control.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2013 00:00

I don't know how this is happening (6.0 upgraded to 6.1 version)

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_same_id.swf

but this is the solutin: www.sitefinity.com/.../duplicate-control-ids-after-upgrading-to-sitefinity-4-1

We did use the more - duplicate on the content blocks. Somehow it seems on the process it did not change the ID of the second content block.

It is a multilingual page and I think the error was only noticed on the pages copied over to another language.

So Telerik to reproduce (Sorry don't have the time now to do it myself) try this

Make multilingual site

Create one page and dublicate multiple content blocks. translate this page by copying it over from the first language and see if it happens.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for sharing this solution of the problem if someone else experiences it.

I created a 6.1 project and set German (default), Italian, English and French languages. Then I created a page and dropped a few content blocks. Then I duplicated my content blocks. IDs seem to be ok. Then I created an Italian page translation and chose to copy from German page. IDs were ok. I also chose to copy and sync my pages and again content block IDs were ok. Here is a video with my steps:
http://screencast.com/t/07xkfac8mRaF 
Please, let me know if I am doing something wrong in order to reproduce it.

Regards,
Miroslava
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2013 00:00

Dear Miroslava

Always trying to make a product better :-)

Here is the screencast to reproduce this BUG -> Don't make me vote on PITS for it!!!

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_duplicate_id_reproduced.swf  copy the link since the RE still does not work correct!!!

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thank you for the video that you recorded with steps to reproduce! I succeeded in reproducing the problem.
I logged a bug in our bug tracking system and forwarded it to our development team. 
Thank you for your cooperation!

Regards,
Miroslava
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Sep-2013 00:00

Dear Miroslava

No problem - I usually don't mind finding bugs, reporting them, going back to reproduce them, make a screencast, report them, vote on PITS, ask again ..... as long as they get fixed :-)

At least I can reproduce it and it should be a case which is not happening to often. There are other bugs bothering me way more.
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Yes, I agree with you that this is not a case that happens often. But at least it is a bug and should be filed. Since there is a workaround for it - you can edit manually the ID of the control, more critical bugs will be fixed prior this one.  

Thank you once again for reporting any problems that you find!

Regards,
Miroslava
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2013 00:00

Dear Miroslava

Just wanted to tell you that I ran into the same problem again.

Multilingual site. Add content block to de version, duplicated that and bang - all other versions of the site produced an 500 error.

After removing the duplicated content block and adding it 'manually' it worked again.

I wonder what you are using as bug tracking system. Have it extended with notifications so every bug not fixed within 6 month will start mailing out to someone untill they get anoyed and fix it :-)

The good thing about bugs not beeing fixed is that you get used to them and know what you are doing wrong. Just feel sorry for guys who run into a problem for the first time.

Markus

This thread is closed