Problems with additional URL in multilingual sites /de /en

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:25

Problems with additional URL in multilingual sites /de /en from old site.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2013 00:00

I migrated a site to Sitefinity 6.1

I was going to match some old site urls to new site by adding the old ULR as additional URLs but this is not working as expected.

For example

German new page

-> www.ceramdis.ch/.../ansprechpartner
-> additiional URL not working -> ~/de/firma/ansprechpartner.aspx
-> additional ULR working -> ~/firma/ansprechpartner.aspx

So even though the standard langauge does not carry the /de in the new site I need to remove the /de in the additional URL

Very confusing

English new page

-> www.ceramdis.ch/.../contact-persons
-> additiional URL not working -> ~/en/firm/contacts.aspx
-> additional ULR working -> ~ /firm/contacts.aspx

OK this might be a special case since I used /de/  /en/ for my different languages on my old not sitefinity site. 

Is this expected to be like this. I noticed it after adding some url (should have tested the first)  and now got to change all of them :-(

Markus

PS: If you try then to access the page with some other language added you get 302 301 see screenshot

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

I also would suggest that this might be a special case, because I am not able to reproduce this problem locally. Basically Sitefinity add a language prefix and if there is one in the additional URL this could lead to a problem.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed