Images rotate when viewed on mobile devices

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:33

Images rotate when viewed on mobile devices

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2013 00:00

Today, I noticed very interesting and disturbing bug.
Take a photograph with your iPhone. Change the orientation of the phone and take a few more shots.
Copy those to your desktop, and then to Sitefinity image library.
Place those images in a page using the image widget.
On any desktop browser they should seem to be normal.
Check out that page with images on a mobile device.
Now enjoy the view.

In a way, it is good to know Sitefinity is capable of reading EXIF data out of the images.
However, this feature(!) is causing unintended and unexpected results on mobile.

Any image uploaded to Sitefinity should only suggest rotating images in the library, where the images are managed. In the pages, or in dynamicModules are wherever the images are used should not be rotated without author's consent.

Now we will have to strip EXIF data from all the images that are already uploaded and re-upload back. :(

Before I posted this, of course I made a search in DevNet Forums, but strangely, not even a single post returned for "EXIF". So, I think it is safe to assume this problem hasn't been brought up yet.

Oh and I only tested this with 6.1.4700.0

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Osman,

Would it be possible to inform us what is the exact problem with the images using a mobile browser? Also on which mobile browsers this problem can be reproduced and were there any problems when using other platform like Android for example? With the answers of these questions we will have a better picture of the problem.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed