ListService.svc not working in 6.1?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:17

ListService.svc not working in 6.1?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2013 00:00

I'm trying to edit and display lists in the backend and the calls to ListService.svc are failing - "Failed to load resource."  I'm not sure when this happened as we've been taking a long migration as far back as  Sitefinity 3.x.  Lists display fine on webpages.  I can also use the fluent api to do things like display list names so it seems to me it's an issue with the service itself.  I have seen problems with news items where the whole thing breaks if there is a strange character in the data.  Are there any basic calls I can make the service to narrow the error down?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Charles,

That's a tough one, it seems that there might be a corrupted record int eh database, causing the service valudation to fail when retrieving the items. As this is a public post, maybe it would be more convenient if you open a support ticket with us where we can arrange you providing us with temporary backend login credentials, or maybe the site files and DB backup so we cna debug the issue locally.

In the meantime, just to gather more information about the case, can you please check the App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs folder - this is the location where Sitefinity keeps its error log. The best way to proceed is move(or remove) all the contents of this folder, and then reproduce the issue - Sitefintiy will generate a fresh log file containing the registered exception, if any. Please provide us with this log file, so we can observe it for any additional information that could help us proceed in resolving the case.

Thnaks in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2013 00:00

Thanks, I guess this is an isolated incident.  Unfortunately this is affecting images as well which worries me if it's affecting all content items.  I will check the logs.  I never had to deal with them and didn't know it was there.  Good to know.  I did submit a trouble ticket and will go from there.  I will gladly provide access.  Anything to help solve this.

This thread is closed