6.1 SP2 Cutom Module filter by category not working

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:11

6.1 SP2 Cutom Module filter by category not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2013 00:00

Can anyone reproduce?

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_module_filter_by_categorie.swf

After clicking on a categorie it will turn turn load load but nothing happens. 

Kind regards
Markus

Hi Markus,

Actually, when I tried this, it did not work either but something else happened. In my case the filter panel does not show "by Category", but "by <category name>". If I click it, the panel turns grey (all text disappears) and nothing happens. The Chrome dev tools show that it did not sent a request at all.

So yes, this seems to be broken.

I tested on 6.1.4700.

Arno

@Telerik

I am also on 6.1.4700 as Arno. Looking forward to feedback.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello,

I`ve tried to reproduce the issue on a brand new Sitefinity project by following the steps in the video without success. Obviously there is some setting or else provoking this behavior. Would you mind opening a ticket to further investigate the problem?

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2013 00:00

Dear Vassil

I will open a ticket. Thanks

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2013 00:00

Dear Vassil 

www.sitefinity.com/.../6-1-sp2-module-builder-problems---anyone-having-this-

In this it was a multilingual problem. Might be the same here. Try to create a new site add german front and back - make german default front and back.

Remove english 

Make module and check again.

Markus

PS: Arno is your site multilingual?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2013 00:00

Vassil 

Did you try in multilingual invirement?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi,

Yes, I`ve tried to reproduce this issue in multilingual environment without success. Here is a short video of the steps I`ve made video
I suspect that something is messed up with the database and there should be some exception in your error log. So can you purge your log file, reproduce the problem and check again the log?
I also advise you to open a support ticket, so we could examine in more details this problem (I will open an ftp for you).

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2013 00:00

Dear Vassil

Just created another module where when clicking on filter by cat the filter part goes blank. Nothing shown. Created a test module within the same SF intallation. Cat show for filtering but endless loading

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_module_cat_filter.swf

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_cat_filter_goes_missing.swf

Have not yet found out what triggers this.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Is this happening on a brand new project?
As I mention before, best is to open a ticket and I will open an FTP for you so we can examine the project in details and see what provokes this behavior.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2013 00:00

Dear Vassil

Simply create a test module with on tilte and category and name the Title of the Categorie -> Kategorie

See what happens. Of course I am board anyhow and have time to screencast day and night:

www.marktold.com/screencast/filter_by_cat_not_working.swf

Hope you can reproduce and you fix it in the upcomming 6.2 version

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you very much for your video.

I was able to reproduce it and already reported the bug. Here is the PITS link where you could review the bug description.

I`ve also updated your Telerik points.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Oct-2013 00:00

Dear Vassil

Thanks for taking the time to reproduce. Is this simply another matter of translation?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

No, I was able to reproduce the bug in non-multilingual environment (video). It is caused by changing the default value (which is "Categories") of Textbox selector (0:17sec from video) 

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2013 00:00

Dear Vassil

Can we hope that is fixed in 6.3

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

It is hard to say if this bug will be resolved in the upcoming Sitefinity 6.3., because every day are assigned new tasks to our teams. For the moment it is not scheduled yet, but most likely this will be fixed in some of our upcoming releases.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

This thread is closed