MVC does not implement IController interface

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:16

MVC does not implement IController interface

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2013 00:00

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi,

I suppose this have started to occur after the upgrade to sitefinity 6.1. In sitefinity 6.1 the MVC version used in sitefinity was upgraded to using MVC version 4.0 (before it was MVC v 3.0).

The assembly reference for System.Web.MVC must still be pointing to System.Web.MVC version 3.0. Please check the assembly references for the site for System.Web.Mvc and make sure it is pointing to version 4.0 (here is a screenshot).

After this compile the project and both registering and using MVC widgets will be possible.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi Support,

I am new to sitefinity cms and need to deliver a project to my client very urgently. In my application I need to do some customization in widgets so I have created a custom widget using MVC. When I go to Administrator panel to use this widget when I drag this custom widget I am getting error: "The controller with name '' which resolves to type '' does not implement IController interface sitefinity". 

Can you help me on it?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2015 00:00

Hi,

There is a problem with the reverences to System.MVC in the site, the site appears to use an older version of System.MVC, Sitefinity 8.0 uses MVC 4.0, if at your site there is an assembly reference to a version of System.MVC that is higher or lower than version 4.0 this error will be thrown.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed