Multiple controls with the same ID '_ctrl_0' were fo

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:24

Multiple controls with the same ID '_ctrl_0' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2013 00:00

One of the Pages is listed as Locked by [username] after getting the following error on the page when trying to publish, or cancel. There are no controls with the ID _ctrl_0 on any of my pages that I know of. Can anyone please help me fix this? We are on an older version of Sitefinity I think.

10/1/2013 3:58:46 PM [UNKNOWN]
************************************************************************************
ID: 8a6be572-1914-48e7-89df-6a3cab7af38f; Code: 3005; Occurrence: 40; Sequence: 2301
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Version: 3.6.1936.2

Process information:
Process ID: 11676
Process Name: w3wp

Request information:
Request URL: TestingHome.aspx?cmspagemode=edit
Rewrite URL: TestingHome.aspx?cmspagemode=edit
Url Referrer: TestingHome.aspx?cmspagemode=edit
Is Authenticated: True
Authentication Type: Forms
User: admin

Variables:
AspSessionIDManagerInitializeRequestCalled: True
cmspagemode: edit
Sitefinity.UrlChahged: True
cmspageid: 09e23923-9dfc-4449-9a35-762c7eedc6d8
CmsHttpRequest: TestingHome.aspx?cmspagemode=edit
RadControlRandomNumber: 0
cmshost: Telerik.Cms.Hosting.DesignerHost
cmsurlcontext: TestingHome

- L0 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exception Type: System.Web.HttpException

Message: Multiple controls with the same ID '_ctrl_0' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

Source: System.Web

Stack Trace: 
   at System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureNamedControlsTable()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.FindControl(String id)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2013 00:00

Wondering is anyone has any information on this. At this point, we can't update our home page at all. We have rolled back to previous versions, but run into problems there as well. I would really appreciate any assistance anyone can give us.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2013 00:00

Dear Christopher

Are you in a multilingual site?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2013 00:00

I just run into this problem again.

Changed a template in a multilingual site. Added content block and duplicated this save to all translations caused me troubles. After removing the duplicated content and adding it by drag and drop it worked.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2016 00:00

I know this is an old post but has anyone found a solution to this issue?  I'm finding this on some of our pages in production and I can't update them now.  In fact I can't do anything with the page because when this occurs the entire page is locked down and no links work so I can add/remove/update widgets.  What I don't understand is this same page exists several times on our site and the only difference are the selections in the designer and some of those still work but the others are broken.

This thread is closed