Ambiguous reference after upgrade to 6.2

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:46

Ambiguous reference after upgrade to 6.2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi,

After upgrading one of my projects to 6.2, I have an error regarding an ambiguous reference. In one of my helper classes I use the Serializable attribute from System.dll which conflicts with the same name inside the Telerik.Everlive.Sdk.dll.

Is this reproducible?

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Daniel,

I am not having this problem on my upgraded to version 6.2 project. Could you please try the following solution:

1.In SitefinityWebApp, right click on Telerik.Everlive.SDK and click Properties;
2.Set the Aliases property to "ExternalLib";
3.Build the project again;

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Kaloyan,

Thanks for the reply.
I executed the steps you described and that let me build the project successfully.
So, problem solved, although I'm not sure what I've solved ;)

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2013 00:00

I ran into the same problem.  Kaloyan's solution solved it for me also.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi,

I am not working with the SitefinityWebApp. How can I solve this problem. I get this error when the site startup.

Regards,
Hugo Coppen.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Hugo,

Could you please clarify what you mean by "I am not working with the SitefinityWebApp" ? You have to expand your solution, then locate Telerik.Everlive.SDK dll and the follow the provided steps in my previous reply.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2013 00:00

What I mean is that we are not using Sitefinity as a Web Application project but as a Web Site project in Visual Studio. Have a look at the attached file. In a Web Site project I can not to set a Aliases when I select the dll in the bin directory.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Hugo,

We have provided an answer in your support ticket.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

This thread is closed