Silverlight Error when running a file upload

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:10

Silverlight Error when running a file upload

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

I'm on Sitefinity 5.4 and I'm trying to migrate it to a new server. When testing the site on the new server after migration I get a generic Silverlight error when I run the file upload. This issue repeats itself across all browsers. Here is the error:

Uncaught Error: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application [Arg_TargetInvocationException]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See go.microsoft.com/.../ at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at Telerik.Windows.RadRoutedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at Telerik.Windows.RadRoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at Telerik.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RadRoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at Telerik.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RadRoutedEventArgs args, Boolean raisedAgain)
at Telerik.Windows.RadRoutedEventHelper.RaiseEvent(DependencyObject element, RadRoutedEventArgs args)
at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadUpload.OnFileUploadCompleted(Object sender, EventArgs e)(anonymous function)

If you need any information from me feel free to ask. And thanks in advance for any help!

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

In order to help you to solve this issue will may require some additional information which may include some private data. Could you please open a support ticket on this subject so we can continue our communication there?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Desislav Bonchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for prompt response. I opened the issue here because I'm unable to create a support ticket and needed some assistance. Is there another way of direct messaging you if you fear the information you ask may be private?

Other than that I don't see a way around using the public forum.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

The best possible solution is to upgrade to version 6.x where we have introduced an Html 5 upload, which is faster than the Silverlight and is set by default for new projects.

Apart from that one reason for this error you are having is that the IIS of this new server is not properly configured.

Please read and follow this article and see if this resolves the issue else contact us again.

Configuring the IIS to host Sitefinity projects

Regards,
Desislav Bonchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2013 00:00

Unfortunately that document doesn't correct this issue. I had gone through that before because we host several Sitefinity sites and the others are working properly.
Upgrading isn't really in the cards as this is for a client that will not want to spend money to just move to a new server. Also, we have an older and newer version of Sitefinity running on this server without issues which is why I'm confused about this error.
Should I direct a question to Microsoft about silverlight? Is there anything else I could try?

Let me know,
Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Marek,

Sorry to hear that this doesn't help. We could try another thing. Can you please backup the project that you are trying to host on the new server and try to host it locally. But do it with exactly the same project that is causing the error. This way we can see if the problem is related somehow with the server or there is something broken in the project itself.

Please let me know what you have discovered.

Regards,
Desislav Bonchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

If I run this locally and this works what would I be doing to fix this in production? As far as I know there are a lot of differences between my local environment and the production one so I don't see how getting it to run in one environment would help us get it running in another. If there's a good reason for this please let me know and I will gladly run the site locally.

Also, I did mention that it was working fine in the older environment. The only difference between the two environments is one is 2008R2 the other is 2012. Does Sitefinity have issues running on Windows Server 2012?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

Could you please verify your IIS configuration? You could find the documentation on the following link. In column Operating System go to “Microsoft® Windows Server 2012 with IIS 8.0” and check if your IIS configuration is up-to-date. Could you please check if your Silverlight and Microsoft Silverlight 4 SDK are installed properly on the newest server.

Regards,
Veneta Bogoeva
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,
I've been through that document several times and confirmed that our server is setup correctly to run Sitefinity. Also, as I stated previously, we have other Sitefinity sites running successfully on this same server so if there was a configuration error then none of the sites would run.

I did just download the Microsoft Silverlight 4 SDK, though the silverlight files that the uploader seems to look for have been there the whole time. And still no luck with the upload and I still get the same error.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

Could you please replace the following file Telerik.Sitefinity.Silverlight.xap  from folder (~\ClientBin) with the attached file. After that try to upload a file.

Thank you for your collaboration.

Regards,
Veneta Bogoeva
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

I was actually going to ask for the default ClientBin folder because I read that they sometimes don't get upgraded like they should.
But I've replaced that .xap file with the one you provided and unfortunately I still get the same error. Are there any other files that sometimes get missed in an upgrade? Or anything else you can think of?

I appreciate your help and anything you can come up with.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

At this moment we don’t have any suggestions how to fix the issue. The issue is related with the environment, it’s not Sitefinity related issue. Could you please verify your environments? Could you please try to set up a new Sitefinity project version 5.4 on Windows Sever 2012 and try to upload an image (on empty Sitefinity project)?

Thank you for your collaboration.

Regards,
Veneta Bogoeva
Telerik

This thread is closed