Publishing 6.2 to Azure - Failed to start VM

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:12

Publishing 6.2 to Azure - Failed to start VM

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

Over the past few days I have been having problems deploying Sitefinity 6.2 to Azure.

I have deployed 6.2 before with no problem, however whenever I deploy now, it all goes fine until the VM tries to start. I get the error "Failed Starting VM".

I tried creating a new cloud service with new storage, but still having the same issue.

Operation logs are showing 200, successful.

As I said, it was working last week - Has anything changed?

Thanks,

Gary

Also asked on Azure forums:
social.msdn.microsoft.com/.../failed-starting-vm

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2013 00:00

P.S I also tried a blank installation of Sitefinity and still no luck

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

I have deployed sitefinty 6.2 blank site to azure without issue and the problem must be in the deployment steps. Make sure for the deployment you are using the latest version of sitefinity thunder to automate the deployment process and sitefinity configuration requirements for Azure and the Azure SDK version installed at the machine that performs the deployment is 1.8.0.0 . With this the virtual machine will startup with success.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,
on my development machine there is installed Azure SDK 2.2, can i deploy Sitefinity manually with this version?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

It will not be possible to deploy using this version sitefinity is compiled with Micorosoft.WindowsAzure.* assemblies for version 1.8.0.0 and I think you will be able to perform the deployment, but a problem will occur when starting the virtual machine that will run the deployment.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed