6.2 SBE Multilingual Capable

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:27

6.2 SBE Multilingual Capable

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2013 00:00

I don't know what how I managed this but I have a fresh SBE edition with some SBE key which seems to let me go multilingual in the front  (but not back).

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_sbe_langauge_strange.swf

a) did Telerik open up SBE for fort-end multilingual -> of course not
b) did Telerik want to open SBE for backend multilingual and by accident opend front end - > of course not
c) so how did I get to this state 

Sorry but it seems I am able to do the stranges stuff with SF over and over again :-)

Markus

PS: of course would love SBE to be multilingual capable back and front with 50 page limit so if this intantional don't take this as a feature request to change back.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2013 00:00

Just found another old screencast

www.marktold.com/.../sf_sbe_languages.swf    6.0 where I also was able to set different front and backend languages on a SBE

If I remember correct these settings back some time were not possible to make in SBE . However it does not let you add multiple front-end pages even though you can set them in admin.

This is such an confusing implementation of an down graded version.

a) you can set mulitple front-end languages but can use only one
b) you can set mulitple back-end languages but can import only one

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

In the SBE Multi-lingual is not supported.

We have tested this issue on 5.4.4010 and 6.2.4910 with SBE license and we could not reproduce the case /screenshot/. As you can see there is no option to add frond-end languages.

Could you give us any other steps you have performed (if any) or open a ticket and send us your license in order to investigate the case?

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2013 00:00

Dear Svetoslav

Don't remember having done anything special. Maybe had an SE first and switched to SBE but don't think that was the case.

You find the licenses in my acount @telerik :-/

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

I still can not reproduce the case.

I have tried on the latest version of Sitefinity.
- Install Sitefinity and activated it with SE license (multilingual is available - as it should be)
- Switch it to SBE license (multilingual feature is not available)

So probably there is some issue with your project.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed