Dynamic Module Content Update Delay

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:54

Dynamic Module Content Update Delay

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2013 00:00

I have used the module builder to create a handful of custom content types and everything is working fine on my development machine.  However, on the staging server I'm finding that it is taking a long time for content changes to show up on the backend interface and the frontend of the site.

For example, I have created a content type called "Event" and in there I have an event with a title of "Thanksgiving".  In the backend, if I click on the link to edit that entry and change it to "Thanksgiving Day", in the event list view I will still see the title as "Thanksgiving", without my update.  If I click on the event to edit it again then I see the correct title of "Thanksgiving Day".

Again, this only happens on the server and it works fine on my dev machine, does anyone have any possible answers?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Adam,

This sounds like you may have enabled output caching, which is recommended on production servers to have a decent performance.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

Could you please verify when you update the content type if there are javascript errors? Does this behavior reproducible with all web browsers? Could you tell the browser version which you use? Could you please start tracing on your webservices and send us the logs? You could find related documentation on the following link.

Regards,
Veneta Bogoeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2013 00:00

Sorry, it ended up being browser caching.  Due to the setup we have to work with, I was testing in IE9 on the server itself and the browser's caching apparently was pretty aggressive.  After some additional testing I found that clearing the browser's cache and forcing it to always update from the server made everything work fine!

Thanks for your response though!

This thread is closed