Sitefinity 6.2 Bug - Theme not saved

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:09

Sitefinity 6.2 Bug - Theme not saved

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi

I am using Sytefinity 6.2 build 6.2.4910.0 Standard Edition. The registered theme for my template is ignored when adding a page translation in a different language other than the main one. In order to reproduce this, follow this steps:

1. From SF Project Manager create a new project;
2. Right click on the project > Edit in Visual Studio;
3. Add the "App_Themes"  folder to the project root,  then add a theme, let's say "Versace". Create the Global folder then add a CSS file named "versace.css" in it as follows (\App_Themes\Versace\Global\versace.css):

.box
    background-color: red;
    border: 1px solid black;
    width: 100px;
    height: 100px;
    margin: 100px auto;
4. Create some simple nested MasterPages as follows: 
a) /Application/Masterpages/SiteRoot.Master:
<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="SiteRoot.master.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.Application.Masterpages.SiteRoot" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="head" runat="server">
    </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
        <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">

</asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
b)  /Application/Masterpages/Nested/HomePage.master:
<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Application/Masterpages/SiteRoot.Master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="HomePage.master.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.Application.Masterpages.Nested.HomePage" %>
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="head" runat="server">
</asp:Content>
<asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">
    <div class="box">lalalala</div>
    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder runat="server" ID="cphTest"></asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
</asp:Content>

5. Press F5 to launch the site. Install the site with MS SQL EXPRESS server (using local mdf and ldf files). After the Admin is set up, go to:
a) Administration>Settings>Advanced>Data>Database Mapping Options>Use Split Tables (check the box - i plan to use more than 10 languages for the site);
b) Go to Administration>Settings>Basic>Languages and add the French language (not using cultures);
c) Register the theme in the admin (as described here) setting the theme path to: ~/App_Themes/Versace. Give the theme the name: "Versace";
6. Go to Design>Page Templates > Create a template. Name the template "VersaceHome", check the "Use template box" under "Do you want this template to be based on another template?". Browse for the MasterPage "HomePage.master" from /Application/Nested folder. Then press "Create and go to add content" and on the THEMES tab, choose "Versace" then Publish.
7. Go to Pages>Create a page. Create a page named "Home" based on the previously created "VersaceHome" template. Add some content block with dummy text, then Publish.
8. On the page created at point 7), on the "TRANSLATIONS" column, click on FR button to add French content. Please note the scrambled layout. No CSS is loaded from our theme. It seems the theme "Versace" that we applied to the "VersaceHome" template is ignored.
9. Publish the French version of the page. Go to Pages and choose "French" in the right dropdown.  Click on the "View"  link next to the Home page we created above.
10. Note the fact that "versace.css" file is not loaded and the layout is scrambled !!

Any thoughts on this?

PS: It seems that the bug is fixed if i also add a translation for the template. Ie: i create the french translation for the "VersaceHome" template. Then, on my "Home" page the FR version will load the theme css. But it makes no sense to also translate the template since it won't change in the French version. Please see attached screenshot.

Thank you

@The,

Not sure if its a bug or a feature but it has been like this for a while, so for what it's worth you're doing it the right way :)

BTW
You need a localized template otherwise widget content will remain invariant and not translate to french like your content.

Hello,

This is expected behavior since themes are applied to templates, not to pages directly. Jochem is also right, you need to have translations to your templates in all languages if you are planning to use Multilingual. Thus you will not have any issues related to widgets content .

If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Petya
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2013 00:00

Ok guys,
thank you for your help. It's good to know i was doing things the right way. I will mark this thread as answered.

This thread is closed