Bug when using Forms

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:04

Bug when using Forms

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when clicking submit on a form i've added to a page. I'm using a custom Master Page so I'm guessing i'm missing a reference to a JavaScript file, does anyone know what I need to add?

Message: Unable to get value of the property 'validate': object is null or undefined<br>Line: 1122<br>Char: 8<br>Code: 0

Hi David,

I have been looking into your issue and I tried to reproduce it on my side by creating a form with textbox in it. I have enabled the validation for this textbox. I also tried adding my custom master page in the page where I reference this form, still I wasn’t able to reproduce the JavaScript error that you are referring.

Could you please provide me with the master page that you are using so I can test it on my side? Also could you provide more details about the elements that you have added into your form and if you have modified them in any way?

Regards,
Elena Ganeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi, here is a copy of my Master Page

<%@ Master Language="C#" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head id="head" runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
    <!--[if lt IE 9]>
        <script src="http://html5shiv.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/html5.js"></script>
    <![endif]-->
    <sitefinity:ResourceLinks ID="ResourceLinks1" runat="server">
        <sitefinity:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="JQuery" />
        <sitefinity:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="KendoWeb" />
        <sitefinity:ResourceFile Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Scripts.Kendo.styles.kendo_common_min.css" Static="True" />
        <sitefinity:ResourceFile Name="/Content/nivo/nivo-slider.css" Static="True" />
        <sitefinity:ResourceFile Name="/Content/nivo/themes/default/default.css" Static="True" />
    </sitefinity:ResourceLinks>
</head>
<body>
    <%--The form id attribute must be form1--%>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" EnableScriptGlobalization="True" EnableScriptLocalization="False" runat="server"></telerik:RadScriptManager>
        <div id="outer">
            <header>
                <div class="image">
                    <a href="/">
                        <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="LogoPlaceholder" runat="server" />
                    </a>
                </div>
                <div class="header">
                    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="HeaderPlaceholder" runat="server" />
                </div>
            </header>
            <div id="main">
                <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="ContentPlaceholder" runat="server" />
            </div>
            <footer>
                <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="FooterPlaceholder" runat="server" />
            </footer>
        </div>
    </form>
    <script src="/Scripts/global.js"></script>
</body>
</html>

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi David,

Thank you for the details. I have investigated this issue and I succeeded in reproducing it. I have submitted new PITS issue for you about this so you can track the progress of the item: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/16146

Please let me know if you need any additional information on this matter. 

Regards,
Elena Ganeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed