Sitefinity Form not sending emails even though subscribed

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:56

Sitefinity Form not sending emails even though subscribed

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

I have a form in Sitefinity that, even when you subscribe to it, will not send emails. I am making test submissions on the form, and although the messages show up in Sitefinity, no emails are getting sent.

I just implemented a custom email template as described here: www.sitefinity.com/.../changing-the-default-template-of-email-notifications-for-forms-responses

Before I implemented that, the form was sending emails to our client, but not to me. Once the custom email template was implemented, no emails are being sent out, even though users are subscribed. 

I do have email notifications set up. The form was sending emails just fine on our local server. I am using version 6.0.

Thank you for any help.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting Sitefinity Support.

It sounds like the form is corrupted form. Although can you check if you have correctly set your SMTP setting according to Sitefinity documentation and this video and form notifications are enabled. You can try to send an email to verify you can successfully send and receive emails.
If you still cannot make it work, after you submit a form send me your error logs found in ~\App_Data\Sitefinity\Logs. You could also send me your email template to check it.
I need also to clarify - you have the project on local and production environment and as far as I understand on your local environment the form used to work correctly, before the implementation of your template? Currently is there a server where the form is sending emails?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed