RSS Feed Import from Thomson Reuters causes duplicate news i

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:35

RSS Feed Import from Thomson Reuters causes duplicate news items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,
We've got a problem where our RSS Feed Import from the Thomson Reuters RSS Feed is creating duplicate items in our news items list.

In our local staging environment it works perfectly, no duplicates.

Looking around on the web I saw an old bug in Sitefinity 4.x that where duplicate items from RSS feeds was an issue but it seems to have been resolved and I don't see anything new about it.

Are there steps we can follow to find out why the duplicates are being caused in our production Sitefinity site?

The version is: 6.1.4700.0

Regards,
Jacques

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce the issue with Sitefinity 6.1.4700 with the following RSS link http://feeds.reuters.com/news/artsculture. When I run the feed in News section I have the news items only ones (without duplication).

Could you please verify if there are differences between your staging and production environment?

Could you verify that you've followed the standard procedure for feed creation?

Does this behavior reproducible with all RSS feeds or with one specific feed? Could you please try to create new feed from different external RSS and check if the news items are duplicated?

Could you please try to recreate this feed and check if the news items are duplicated?

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Veneta Bogoeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed