Kendo Nav Menu IE11

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:53

Kendo Nav Menu IE11

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Dec-2013 00:00

Is anyone else having a problem with the Kendo Navigation Menu in IE11?  I have a Horizontal Navigation Menu setup to dropdown on hover, but the dropdowns don't work at all in IE11.  Hovering over a menu item does nothing in IE11, but in all other browsers (and earlier versions of IE) the dropdown works correctly.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Mike,

I have answer you already in the support ticket:

Officially IE11 is not supported and that is the reason that your code does not work as you expect. There is a easy workaround - you just need to add the following meta-tag in the page head:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10" />

This should be added under:
- Pages 
- <your page> with the navigation widget
- Title and properties menu
- add the code above in section 'HTML included in the <head> tag (except title, keywords, description)'

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2013 00:00

I tried adding in this meta tag since I am experiencing the same problem and it doesn't seem to make a difference? Did this work for you Mike?

Thanks!

Tyler

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2013 00:00

Yes, this actually worked for me.  I put it in the head of my master pages so that it would apply to all pages in the site.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello,

@Tyler,
In the next Sitefinity release the RadControls and Kendo UI will be updated. Hopefully the IE11 will be supported.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Svetoslav Manchev's,

I have also same IE problem. I  have  tried your solution but that is not  working.

Why it is? dont know , can you please suggest any other solution.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Sunita,

Which version of Sitefinity you are using? You can try to set it to: IE=9.

Alternatively, you can try the approach proposed below - to add this code in the head tag of Master Page or upgrade your project to the latest Sitefinity version.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Svetoslav Manchev,

I set it to IE=9 and also tried to set  IE=edge.

but problem still occurring in IE 9. kendo menu is click-able but not rendering particular pages and its successfully working in all other browsers  except IE.

Can you please suggest solution?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi,

still problem for kendo loader.
Its only moving continuously on page.

Sunita Which version of Sitefinity you are using?

Hi,

i am working  with vs2012 and kendo framework(2013.3.1119.340).

Application work properly in All browser except IE 9 and IE 10 .

Actually problem is when we edit(Inline editing in kendo grid ) in kendo grid  and click on save button , then loader continuously moving and not appearing the kendo grid(means not visible grid). But manually refresh the page that time record is updated and grid visible.

Its kendo grid problem in IE9?

Can you please suggest solution.

Hello Sunita,

This looks like a caching issue and I would recommend you to try disable cache (add an attribute cache:false).

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed