Parse Error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:37

Parse Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi,

I just build the solution  i got below error. i could not find the solution.

Parser Error

Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'SitefinityWebApp.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.Global" Language="C#" %>

Source File: /global.asax Line: 1

Regards
mansoor

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello,

The error may occur, because you haven't built  your project and such type still doesn't exist in the SitefinityWebApp dll. Another reason for this might come from the fact that you're running Sitefinity as a website, not a project. In such case the control declarations are a little different. If Sitefinity is ran as a project the control declaration looks like this:

Copy Code
<%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.Global" Language="C#" %>
The control declaration in a website should contain CodeFile, instead of Codebind as an attribute:
Copy Code
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.Global"%>

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed