Ignoring/undoing changes for sync?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:49

Ignoring/undoing changes for sync?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2013 00:00

We have the Staging and Syncing module add-on for our 6.1.4600 instance. The issue is, even if I simply view a page or a template, it marks it as pending a sync to our prod environment. This means I have a lot of unnecessary pages, without any changes, that are marked as ready to be synced. 

Is there any way to tell the sync to ignore content that isn't actually modified? Otherwise, I begin to lose track of what actually needs to go out. Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Ryan,

Can you please let us knwo if when viewing a page you are actually opening it for edit and then using the Publish button? Please note that SiteSync will detect only published pages as ones that have been modified, and consecutively need to be included in the sync process.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2013 00:00

I'm not publishing anything, actually. I've repeated this process on both pages and templates. 

When in the back-end, if I simple click the link to edit the content, I've noticed it marks it as pending a sync in the staging sync UI. I don't have to touch anything else for it to do that, let alone publish anything. 

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello,

The problem is caused by a bug in Sitefinity. We have logged the bug in our system and we will do our best to fix the problem for the next release. You could find the bug description in PITS on the following URL.

Excuse us for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2015 00:00

Is there a fix for this yet? Can we discard changes in site sync? We have cases were there are feeds posting in our stage and prod environment, and we don't want to publish duplicates. If we can't remove them they are just going to pile up in the site sync page.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2015 00:00

Hi,

The following problem will be fixed in our upcoming release Sitefinity 8.1.

feedback.telerik.com/.../148065-sitesync-opening-a-page-template-for-edition-and-going-back-without-making-any-c

http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/100675-synchronization-of-unchanged-pages

Regarding discard changes of a specific page we are planing to include this feature in one of our next major releases (most probably in Sitefinity 8.1).

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed