Autogenerated News Page does not contain Footer

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:03

Autogenerated News Page does not contain Footer

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2013 00:00

Hey,
i got a Page Template with an Menu and a Footer. I use that template for a News List Page. The problem is, that if i click on a news item, the auto genrated detail page does not have the Footer. Is this behaviour the way it is supposed to be?
Greetings,
Johanna

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Johanna,

The auto-generated page has its own template. You could update it by:
- Open 'Edit' menu on the news widget
- Select 'Single Item Settings' tab
- Select in the 'Detail templates' drop-down menu the template
- Click 'Edit selected template'
- Modify the template
- Save the changes
or check in this article.

Alternatively, you could create a dedicated page with your own template (choose not show in navigation option, if needed)  and just add the news widget on it, than:
- Open 'Edit' menu on the initial news widget (where the all news are listed)
- Select 'Single Item Settings' tab
- Select 'Selected existing page ...'
- Choose your page
- click 'Save'

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2013 00:00

Thanks for the Reply,
I know the two possibilities you mentioned. My problem is, that i can't include my footer in the widget template because it is implemented with the MVC framework.  The only option i see is to insert the plain html into the template, which i try to prevent.
But im confused why the footer is omitted anyway. Because the option says that the autogenerated news page has the same layout as the page where i inserted the news control.  But it hasn't. 
I added an example. On the screeenshot you can see the black footer is existent for the News List. But in the detail page it is missing.
Regards,
Johanna

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Johanna,

In case you need to use MVC widget, you need to override the "HandleUnknownAction" method in your controller:

protected override void HandleUnknownAction(string actionName)

var model = new YourWidgetModel();
    // Implement you model (for example)
     model.Message = "Unknown Action!";

View("Default", model).ExecuteResult(this.ControllerContext);

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello,

In addition to the information below, you could check also the blog post related to:

New MVC Goodness in Sitefinity 6.2

I hope the above blog post will be useful also.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

This thread is closed