"Add items" dialog box hangs

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:50

"Add items" dialog box hangs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2013 00:00

Sitefinity 6.2.

My custom content type has a field of type "Array of GUIDs". In the backend, I create/edit a new item, and try to set the value of that "Array of GUIDs" field by clicking on "Add items...". A dialog box will be displayed with the "Loading..." message. The dialog box will hang.

I seem to have noticed this hanging only when the field links to a content type that has "too many" items. In my case, I have over 3,000 items (in the lookup content type). In another case where I have only 5 items, the dialog box works fine.

Is there any restriction to how many items the content type pointed to by the "Array of GUIDs" field can have? This is critical for the site I'm working on. If this is a bug, please let me know. Also, if there are any workarounds, I would like to know.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2013 00:00

Figured it out.

I made a change to my content type; switched the "Which field is the identifier of the content?". Because I had already generated the dynamic items field control selector using Sitefinity Thunder, my generated code was still referring to an old field name. I simply had to regenerate the code using Thunder.

This thread is closed