New bug: Admin controls missing when new user added

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:08

New bug: Admin controls missing when new user added

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi all, I'm a very new admin (previously developing .net web apps with no CMS).  My user credentials were added and (possibly coincidentally) at that time, we lost the ability to publish or edit on our pages via the web interface to Sitefinity Backend...
- The admin tool bar at the top is missing (no publish button, no other buttons).
- Clicking on the Edit controls (pencil icon) for each pane nothing happens.
- The links don't respond to being clicked anywhere.
- I can't use any of the drag/drop panels on the right.

Any help would be appreciated: I can gather any info needed...

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2013 00:00


This behavior can be caused if there is a javascript error on the page. You can verify this by opening chrome developer tools with F12 and checking the console for any errors. If there is such error, you will need to identify where the conflict occurs. You can start by creating a brand new page without a template and checking if the behavior is not present there. After that you can create a duplicate of the problematic page and start checking the master page and page templates for any scripts that can cause the issue.

Atanas Valchev

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2013 00:00

Thank you for posting back on this issue!

It looks like a Telerik Web UI component is throwing a Java error: See attached screenshot.
- Any idea?  This is in Chrome, but the same happens in Firefox and IE.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jan-2014 00:00

*bump* Just looking for any kind of input, now that the holidays are over...

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jan-2014 00:00

Do you mind loading firefox and firebug and screenshotting the console tab?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2014 00:00

Steve, we actually went ahead and opened up a ticket: I'll post results and how we got there, once we get up and running!

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2014 00:00

OK; looks like jQuery was encountering the jQuery library reference used for Sitefinity and causing it to fail impressively.

When we removed our reference to jQuery 1.7.2 in the BaseTemplate Master Page and replaced it with the following, all our controls are back and functional:
 <sf:ResourceLinks ID="resourcesLinks" runat="server">
            <sf:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="JQuery" />

Looks like we're now hitching a ride on the Sitefinity jQuery lib.  I'm guessing the timing was coincidence, as this should have nothing to do with the new users.

Thank you all for the help!

This thread is closed