New bug: Admin controls missing when new user added
Hi all, I'm a very new admin (previously developing .net web apps with no CMS). My user credentials were added and (possibly coincidentally) at that time, we lost the ability to publish or edit on our pages via the web interface to Sitefinity Backend...
- The admin tool bar at the top is missing (no publish button, no other buttons).
- Clicking on the Edit controls (pencil icon) for each pane nothing happens.
- The links don't respond to being clicked anywhere.
- I can't use any of the drag/drop panels on the right.
Any help would be appreciated: I can gather any info needed...
Thank you for posting back on this issue!
It looks like a Telerik Web UI component is throwing a Java error: See attached screenshot.
- Any idea? This is in Chrome, but the same happens in Firefox and IE.
*bump* Just looking for any kind of input, now that the holidays are over...
Do you mind loading firefox and firebug and screenshotting the console tab?
Steve, we actually went ahead and opened up a ticket: I'll post results and how we got there, once we get up and running!
OK; looks like jQuery was encountering the jQuery library reference used for Sitefinity and causing it to fail impressively.
When we removed our reference to jQuery 1.7.2 in the BaseTemplate Master Page and replaced it with the following, all our controls are back and functional:
<sf:ResourceLinks ID="resourcesLinks" runat="server">
Looks like we're now hitching a ride on the Sitefinity jQuery lib. I'm guessing the timing was coincidence, as this should have nothing to do with the new users.
Thank you all for the help!