How to Enable Built-in Controls Under Type of content

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:58

How to Enable Built-in Controls Under Type of content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi All..
i'm using  "Sitefinity 6.2 Enterprise EditionBuild 6.2.4910.0" 

im unable to see built in controls in dashboard like News, Blogs, Images, Dynamic modules...(please find attached image for reference)

Im able to see only Forms, Comments , Tags, Categiries and all clasification  only

i checked Enable properties in settings, but i'm unable to get these controls, please help me how to get these controls

Thanks in Advance

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Ajay,

Most frequently this issue happens when the content modules are deactivated. Could you please go to Administration -> Modules and Services and make sure that all the content modules are marked as active. Here is a link to the article on how to activate and deactivate modules.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello Sabrie,

Thanks for Quick Reply,
Im Already Installed and Active All content Modules , but im unable to get Controls in Page Edit
Please find Attached image(Modules installation Screen shot)

Thanks in Advance,
Excuse my bad English!

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello Ajay,

Could you please open the ToolboxesConfig.config file located in ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder and make sure that all the content modules are listed under the PageControls section:

<toolbox name="PageControls">
      <sections>
        <add name="ContentToolboxSection">
          <tools>
            <add enabled="True" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.News.Web.UI.NewsView, Telerik.Sitefinity.ContentModules" title="NewsViewTitle" description="NewsViewDescription" resourceClassId="NewsResources" cssClass="sfNewsViewIcn" moduleName="News" visibilityMode="None" name="NewsView" />
            <add enabled="True" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Blogs.Web.UI.BlogPostView, Telerik.Sitefinity.ContentModules" title="BlogPostsViewTitle" description="BlogPostsViewDescription" resourceClassId="BlogResources" cssClass="sfBlogsViewIcn" moduleName="Blogs" visibilityMode="None" name="BlogPostsView" />

Then please refresh the application and go to the backend to check if the content modules have appeared under the Content tab. If they have appeared you should be able to add them to a page. 

Also to make sure that some scripts on specific page doesn`t block the display of controls in page edit please create new test page and when making it don`t select a template, choose the option "start from scratch" and check if this page with no template encounters the same problem. If it doesn`t then a script on the master page used as page template to create the page that encounter a problem causes the problem.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed