5.1 Mailing List welcome new subscriber email not sending

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:50

5.1 Mailing List welcome new subscriber email not sending

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2014 00:00

I have set up a mailing list, subscribe/unsubscribe pages, and subscribers.

For the Mailing List, under "Advanced", I choose the option "I'd like to welcome new subscribers with an email message". I have entered a subject, from email address, and chosen the message template to send. In this example, I created a basic template called "Test" as rich-text with simple content text "Test message.".

I utilize the subscription widget to subscribe, and the subscriber is saved properly. I can generate a campaign issue, send it, and the subscribed email address receives the campaign. However, the confirmation email message for the "I'd like to welcome new subscribers" never sends.

If anyone can help me resolve this issue, I'd be greatful.

FYI - I am utilizing the "Default" SMTP profile. When going to Administration -> Settings -> Email Campaign, I can successfully send a test email message also.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello,

Sending welcome messages uses the same Notification profile as sending campaigns. I guess that something in the subject or sender email is not acceptable for the SMTP server.

Can you please backup your log files (~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs) and clear the folder then try to subscribe again via the subsciption widget. After this there should be a new error logged in the logs folder that we can inspect. That should shed more some light on the issue.

Regards,
Boyko Karadzhov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I will try this and update this post with my findings. Thank you!

I have cleared the logs and subscribed a new user via the subscription widget.

No logs were generated during the process, and I did not receive email confirmation of the subscription as configured.

Here are the mailing list settings utilized:
Mail Settings
Subject: Test
Reply To: me@corporate.com
Text to Send: Test

Advanced
Subject: Test
Email: me@corporate.com
Template: Rich Text Template containing: Test

Confirmed that I can still send and receive a test email under Administration -> Settings -> Email. Campaigns

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi,

Would you please try the same with a dummy SMTP configured? smtp4dev for example.
This way we can isolate whether Sitefinity is trying to send an email at all.

What is your exact version of Sitefinity? I have checked with the code of 6.3 but things weren't always like this. There are different mechanisms for email notifications in older versions (big changes around 5.x).

Regards,
Boyko Karadzhov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2014 00:00

I will try with a dummy SMTP configuration; good point, if it logs errors with that, but not with the real settings, that should indicate that the failure is further down the pipe, like on the SMTP server itself.

My current build is at 5.2.3800. The production version I will be activating email campaign functionality on is the final build of 5.1. I will know after Friday (1/10) whether I have similar issues in the 5.1 environment.

Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2014 00:00

Dummy SMTP configuration in development 5.1 environment produces error logs. Correcting the errors to valid settings and no emails recieved.

Entering a new crop of subscribers at various domains yielded some successful messages. It appears that the issue is that many domains in the test pool are marking the messages from our SMTP domain as spam. No error generates to the SMTP stating that they were undeliverable or problematic, however, no email shows up in the recipient's inbox.

Marking this thread answered, thanks!

This thread is closed