5.1 Feeds and Notifications "Publish As" Twitter F

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:35

5.1 Feeds and Notifications "Publish As" Twitter Feed Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2014 00:00

I am having issues feeding content to a Twitter account.

I have linked and authorized the Twitter account and Twitter application.

In  "Edit a Feed", under "Publish As", I have chosen Twitter feed; it lists the Twitter account it is going to as a hyperlink (Twitter feed is available on: http://twitter.com/twitteraccount. I can click on the link (note, the one here is purposefully wrong to prevent sharing actual Twitter account), and it opens the correct twitter account.

"Content to include" is "News items: All items".
"This feed is Active" is checked.

When I create a news item, nothing gets tweeted. Any advice on what to look for to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2014 00:00

I'm not sure that will work in 5.1....between then and now twitter updated their API hosing old apps.

Perhaps telerik can shed some light

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2014 00:00

Thanks Steve!

More info:

I am trying to send info to Twitter, not bring Twitter info into my Sitefinity site.

I have reviewed many posts about how to bring Twitter content into a Sitefinity widget after the API was modified (because I am at 5.1). That is not what I am trying to do, though maybe they share a similar issue.

I have read where people were successful doing what I am trying to do; the examples I've seen most use content type blog, where I am using news; even when they were not successful bringing Twitter content back into Sitefinity.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello,

To enable feeding content to a Twitter account you please follow this article - Twitter.

After you connect your twitter account to the Sitefinity application you should setup an active twitter feed. 
Make sure that you mapped your Twitter application and the user to use like it is shown in the attached image.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2014 00:00

Thank you Vassil.

I followed those instructions specifically when I initially set up the feed. To be exact, since I was using the Sitefinity Twitter application, I started with step 6.

The problem still exists. A second technician has tried to create a second feed, and it is not working either (creating a new Twitter application, steps 1-5, instead of using the supplied Sitefinity Twitter application).

I have responded with this information to the support ticket, and have attached screenshots of the setup showing the Twitter configuration with authentication and secret keys, as well as providing screenshots of the Feeds and Notifications panel where the feed was created. It shows that the feed is active, and shows the Twitter Feed settings of Sitefinity application with association to a valid Twitter account.

Thank you,
Adam

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello,

I noticed that there is reported bug for Sitefinity 5.1. You can test by setting latest Sitefinity release and see if you can publish in twitter. If yes, than the problem should be in the current version, otherwise it could be the twitter setting. 

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed