Page redirects does not keep the query string part of the UR

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:28

Page redirects does not keep the query string part of the URL

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi all,

It seems that when a page has several URLs, and a redirect occurs (to the same page, just with the default URL), the query string portion is discarded.

Just wondering if anybody else encountered this issue. Or possibly my page settings is not set correctly.

This is happening on a page that I migrated from 3.7 to 6.2.

Thanks,
Michael

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2014 00:00

I should add that this is happening with URLs that contain spaces. It seems that in 3.7, spaces were OK. In 6.2, spaces in URLs do not appear to be acceptable.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2014 00:00

This is happening to me as well.  It is pretty annoying.  Is there any way around it? I don't see anything in settings, and haven't found anything online.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello Greg,

Could you please provide more information about the scenario you have?

Please find a video demonstration of what I have tested on version 6.2. The query string is kept after additional url redirect.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

I'm running 6.1, is this fixed in 6.2?  The exact scenario demonstrated in the video does not work on my system.

Hi Greg,

Yes, this issue is fixed in 6.2. So in order to have it solved, you can upgrade your project to the latest Sitefinity version following that article.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2014 00:00

I just upgraded our system to 7.1 (finally!) but this has not been fixed.  querystring parameters still get dropped from the URL in a redirect scenario.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello Greg,

I just have tested the same scenario from the video provide before and it works as expected on version 7.1.

What I would recommend you is to open a support ticket in order to inspect the issue more detailed on your site.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

This thread is closed