IIS 7.0 Detailed Error - 500.0 - Sequence contains no matchi

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:40

IIS 7.0 Detailed Error - 500.0 - Sequence contains no matching element

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2014 00:00

I am trying to setup an email compaign, but first I have to enter in my SMTP settings, which I have done and now when I go to Admin > Settings > Email Campaign and try to send a test email I get this error:  IIS 7.0 Detailed Error - 500.0 - Sequence contains no matching element

Does anyone know what that means? Does it just mean the SMTP settings are incorrect?

Thanks,
New to Sitefinity.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello,

The most probable cause for this issue is a missing notification profile.

To set up one please go to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Notifications -> Profiles and select Create New -> SmptSenderProfileElement. 

Please be sure to enter the appropriate values for the following fields:

• DefaultSenderEmailAddress
  • Host
  • Port 
  • ProfileName

Save the profile and test sending the email again.

Please let us know if the information above helped.

Regards,
Nader Dabour
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2014 00:00

Thanks. All those settings are in place. I tried IP address and smtp.xxxx.com  still getting the same error when trying to send a test email.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2014 00:00

Any other ideas??

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi,

In order to better determine the cause of the issue I have listed several steps accompanied by screenshots. Please follow the provided steps below:

1. Download the smtp4dev tool from here.
  2. Run the tool and from Options -> Server -> set the Domain Name to localhost and
     Port Number to 26. Please refer to the screenshot here.
  3. Go to the Sitefinity Back End and from Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Notifications -> Profiles enter the same settings as the ones illustrated on the screenshot here.
  4. Create a new mailing list from Email Campaigns -> Mailing Lists. 
  5. Select the Mailing List and add a new subscriber as demonstrated in the screenshot here.
  6. Create a new campaign from Email Campaigns -> Campaigns. Make sure to select the mailing list as demonstrated in the screenshot here.
  7. Add an Issue as per the screenshot here.
  8. Open the issue and send it. Make sure that the number of users is shown as in the screenshot here.
  9. Check the smtp4dev tool to see if the email has arrived as in the screenshot here.

This information will give us a better understanding of the probable cause.

Regards,
Nader Dabour
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed